Match Day Guide: Round 21
We can’t wait to perform in front of our members and fans in Bundaberg Queensland!
Soak up the atmosphere at Salter Oval on Sunday August 7 as we take on the Cowboys in what promises to be a fiery encounter presented by Takalvan.
Game Details: 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership
- Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs v North Queensland Cowboys
- Sunday, August 7, 2022
- Salter Oval, Bundaberg, QLD
- Doors open at 10:30 a.m.
- NRL kick-off at 2:00 p.m.
Share your game day experience with the hashtag #proudtobeabulldog
Ticketed members will NOT be able to access our Round 21 showdown against the Cowboys using their membership cards.
This game is only accessible to customers who have purchased a ticket.
If you have selected mobile tickets, be sure to download your ticket before you arrive. You must share your tickets with the accompanying group or party prior to your arrival. Mobile Ticket Sharing FAQs.
Entry onto the playing field at any time during the event is strictly prohibited and will be subject to prosecution.
This is to ensure the safety of all customers, staff and players.
Game Day Activations
We can’t wait to test the knowledge of our loyal Bulldogs fans, as we’ll be randomly selecting Bulldogs fans to take part in our pre-game quiz for a chance to win prizes.
During half-time, two lucky spectators aged 18 and over will have the opportunity to be on the pitch to participate in a running race sponsored by Takalvans, keep an eye on our social networks for a chance to participate in the competition.
For all information relating to Game Day, do not hesitate to visit the Bundaberg Regional Council website by clicking here.
Open Workout (Captains Run)
While in Bundaberg, we are delighted to offer our members and fans the opportunity to watch the team practice and connect with their favorite players.
The open training session will take place at Salter Oval, Bundaberg on Saturday 6th August at 11.00am with doors opening at 10.30am.
Get down and support players as they make their final preparations during the team’s Captain Run.
Please note that fans will be required to remain behind the fence throughout the event.
At the end of practice, players will visit the fence line and fans will have the opportunity to sign autographs and take photos with the team.
Fans will have the opportunity to purchase a Sausage Sizzle during the session by donating gold coins.
Shop the Bulldogs 2022 merchandise line under the marquee inside Gate A located on the west side of the pitch.
Merchandise will be available during the Captain’s Run as well as on game day.
Specialized match day t-shirts to commemorate our first Bundaberg match will be available for purchase.
Don’t forget, members get 15% off*
Please note that the merchandise marquee will be cashless and transactions will be by card only.
In accordance with the conditions of registration, the Council reserves the right to:
- Refuse entry to anyone deemed to be intoxicated, drug addicted, disorderly and/or engaging in anti-social behavior
- Deny entry to any unauthorized person
- Refuse entry of items likely to cause injury or public nuisance. (i.e. large flags/banners, musical instruments, etc.)
- Inspect/search the bags of all customers entering or exiting the venue, regardless of size
The following restricted/prohibited items are not permitted on the site:
- glass or cans, including spray cans or metal containers of any style
- alcoholic beverages and illicit drugs
- flares, fireworks, explosives, smoke bombs or other incendiary devices
- laser pens/pointers
- knives or other dangerous weapons
- folding chairs/stools/seats (disability support items allowed)
- cameras and recording devices (for commercial purposes), including tripods
- metal flagpoles, extendable flagpoles and/or flagpoles over 1.4 meters in length and 2 cm in diameter
- oversized banners and flags that are deemed to cause a public nuisance. Special conditions may apply for certain events concerning the entry of masts, flags and banners
- whistles, horns and horns and other musical instruments (e.g. drums)
- balloons, confetti or shredded paper
- scooters, roller skates, skateboards and push bikes
- not wear or otherwise display commercial, political or offensive signs or logos
- animals (except certified service animals)
- other items determined by the Board that may cause injury or public nuisance
- bags over 40cm high, 30cm wide and 30cm long (i.e. too big to fit under a seat
- pushchairs and prams (prohibited in the ticketing area of the sites)
Traffic & Transport
- PARKING There are two limited on-site parking options available on site for a gold coin donation. SES will be assigned to direct traffic, with access to site parking available from Avoca Street and Walker Street. Designated areas for disabled parking will be identified by SES volunteers.
- E-SCOOTERS A designated E-Scooter park area will be established off site on White Street. Download the Neuron eScooter app here.
- TAXI SERVICES will be available on match day. Download the 13cabs app here.
- UBER services will be available in limited capacity on match day. Download the Uber app here.
- BUS Stewart and Sons and Duffy’s buses will operate during their regular hours and routes.
- ROAD CLOSURES On the day of the event, road closures will be in place from 6am to 8pm on White Street and Payne Street.
- LEAVING THE ROOM Customers must leave the room before 5 p.m. or as soon as traffic conditions permit after the event.
Things to do in Bundaberg
Explore the wide range of attractions on our stay in vibrant Bundaberg:
Discover Bundaberg – Discover Bundaberg
Bundaberg – Southern Great Barrier Reef (bundabergregion.org)
Large Ocean Helicopters
W: Helicopter flights in Hervey Bay | Large Ocean Helicopters | queensland
F: Large Ocean Helicopters | Facebook
I: Great Ocean Helicopters (@great_ocean_helicopters) • Instagram photos and videos
Bundaberg Rum Distillery Visitor Experience
W: Book Bundaberg Rum Distillery Tour | Bundaberg Rum
F: Rum Bundaberg | Facebook
I: Bundaberg Rum • Instagram
Bundaberg Brewed Beverage Barrel
W: The barrel of Bundaberg | Tour Information | Bundaberg Brewed Beverages
F: Bundaberg Ginger Beer | Facebook
I: Bundaberg Brewed Drinks (@bundabergdrinks) • Instagram photos and videos
Kalki Moon Distillation & Brewing Co
W: Distillation and brewing of Kalki Moon – Bundaberg Distillery
F: Kalki Moon Distillation Company | Facebook
I: Distilling Kalki Moon • Instagram
Ohana Winery & Cider House
W: Real Apple Cider | Bundaberg | Ohana Vineyard
F: Ohana Winery & Cheeky Tiki Cider | Facebook
I: Ohana Cider House (@ohanawinery) • Instagram photos and videos
W: Location – Bargara – Ballistic Beer Co
F: Ballistic Bargara | Facebook
I: Ballistic Beer Co (@ballisticbeer) • Instagram photos and videos
Macadamia Australia Visitor Experience
F: Macadamias Australia | Facebook
I: Macadamias Australia (@macadamias_australia)
Alexandra Zoological Park
W: Alexandra Park Zoo – Discover Bundaberg
Bundaberg Botanical Gardens
W: Bundaberg Botanical Gardens – Discover Bundaberg
F: Bundaberg Botanical Gardens | Facebook
Hinkler Aviation Hall
W: Hinkler Hall of Aviation – Discover Bundaberg
F: Hinkler Aviation Hall | Facebook
Fairymead House and Sugar History Museum
W: Fairymead House – Discover Bundaberg
F: Fairymead House | Facebook
Australian Sugar Cane Railway
W: Home – Bundaberg Cane Trains
Mon Repos Turtle Center
W: Mon Repos Turtle Center | Mon Repos Conservation Park | Parks and forests | Department of Environment and Science, Queensland (des.qld.gov.au)
F: Queensland National Parks | Facebook
Lady Musgrave Experience
W: Lady Musgrave Experience | Explore the Great Barrier Reef | Bundaberg
F: Lady Musgrave Experience | Facebook
I: Lady Musgrave Experience (@ladymusgrave_experience) • Instagram photos and videos
Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort
F: Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort | Facebook
I: Lady Elliot Island Eco Resort (@ladyelliotislandecoresort) • Instagram photos and videos
Offers for Bundaberg members
The Bulldogs have partnered with local Bundaberg businesses to provide exclusive member benefits and further strengthen the club’s ties to the community.
The Club Hotel
Bulldogs members get 10% off main menu meals from Monday August 1 through the end of Sunday August 7, 2022*.
Don’t forget to show your membership card.
Address: 50 Bourbong Street, Bundaberg Central QLD 4670
Check out their Facebook page here
The Lighthouse Hotel
Bulldogs members receive 10% off any paid full menu item from July 1 through September 4, 2022*.
Don’t forget to show your membership card. Check out their website here
* Cannot be combined with a dish of the day or a meal option already at a reduced price.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
We need your help to keep our stadium safe and protect the health of all customers and workers by following the COVID Safe measures below:
Please stay home if you:
- Are sick, unwell or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or are awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
- Have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 or is awaiting a COVID-19 test result.
- Are you considered a close contact by QLD Health
- Where possible, maintain a physical distance of 1.5m from people outside your party – with particular attention when queuing to access the stadium, in food and drink queues and when accessing the toilet.
- Customers should only sit in their assigned seat or section printed on your ticket
- Entry will be strictly through the gate printed on your ticket.
- Arrive early and limit bags where possible to ensure a smooth entry.
- Practice high level hand hygiene using the hand sanitizers located around the venue.
- Min: 13
- Max: 23
- Cloud clearing, light winds
Click here to stay up to date.