Sonoma STARS | Virtual Wine Tasting | Wine delivered!
Wednesday, June 15 at 7 p.m. PST
May 27 – STARS of Wine tasting events continue on a monthly basis on Zoom as the world continues to try to learn how to live and thrive during a pandemic. We invite you to join the best in the wine industry for an evening of “tasting with the winemakers” from the regions that are shaping the industry. This month, we’re focusing on tasting and talking to the greats of Sonoma County. Your choice of a Tasting Flight Kit (2.0 oz) or Bottle Kits delivered to your door! LearnAboutWine.com continues its tradition of producing revolutionary educational tastings!
Visit LearnAboutWine.com to learn more and take advantage of their limited early bird tickets!
Wine List & Winegrowers
- Mauritson Wines Sauvignon Blanc, Dry Creek Valley, Sonoma County, 2021 ($28)
- Presented by Clay Mauritson Owner/Vigneron
- Senses Charles Heintz Vineyard Chardonnay, Sonoma Coast, Sonoma County, 2020 ($80)
- Presented by Christopher Lloyd Strieter, CEO
- Alexander Valley Vineyards, “CYRUS” Meritage Blend, Sonoma County, 2016 ($75)
- Presented by Katie Wetzel, Owner/Ambassador
- Immortal Estate ‘Slope’ Sonoma County Cabernet Sauvignon, 2016 ($85)
- Presented by Timothy Milos, Winemaker
- Beekeepers Cellars, Zinfandel, Hillside Hidden Preserve, Sonoma County 2018 ($90)
- Presented by Ian Blackburn, Winemaker
- Locanda Estate, Durif “Romulus”, Estate Red, Sonoma Valley, 2018 ($100)
- Presented by Brian Graham, Winemaker
Prices increase closer to the event as we have limited capacity available.
ABOUT IAN TODD BLACKBURN WINE EDUCATOR, SOMMELIER with 25 YEARS OF SERVICE
When you’re raised in a military family, drinking wine might not be the first thought that comes to mind, but it did! Ian discovered the wine industry at the ripe old age of 21 while working for top chefs in the formidable dining rooms of Los Angeles in the early 90s. Ian quickly developed a passion for wine and has dedicated himself to sharing his unique knowledge with other wine enthusiasts. This commitment to educating others launched Ian’s long and continuing career in the wine industry.
With over 25 years of experience in the wine world, Ian has become a published author, has 10 winemaking vintages (Beekeeper Cellars) and is considered one of the best wine educators. Working with and alongside the world’s top wine brands for most of his adult life and leading wine and food tours around the world has given Ian more than a few great stories to share. When the pandemic threw the world into a state of uncertainty, Ian was forced to shut down his once-thriving events business. After pivoting and pivoting again, Ian was finally able to restart his event business in a virtual setting. New concepts such as ZoomIntoWine.com allowed Ian to move to an online environment. This push towards virtual events has even sparked the creation of Merchantofwine.com, a retail wine store with wine delivery. Now, in an effort to return to in-person gatherings, LearnAboutWine.com is reborn and brings Ian’s version of wine education and entertainment to an unlimited audience.