Union Wine Company – Southeast Regional Sales Manager – BevNET.com Beverage Industry Job Listing
Regional Sales Manager – Southeast
About Us: Union Wine Company is a fast-growing family-run industrial winery in Tualatin, Oregon that cares more about the wine you drink than the glass you drink it from. The bustle bores us. We are passionate about innovation. And bringing good wine – whether in bottles or cans – to the table, picnic blanket or chairlift – is what drives us every day.
We operate on a set of values that reflect the values of our close-knit team: work hard, be kind, laugh often, be responsible, act with honesty and integrity, don’t take yourself too seriously, and treat others with respect.
Work: This role is an integral part of our kick ass sales team. We care about pushing barriers, developing and building relationships, and working independently to find lucrative opportunities to do meaningful work. The role is for someone with an appetite for success and a motivation fueled by a passion to go above and beyond. You will own your region as if it were your own business. You will not be satisfied with mediocre results or satisfied with the routine and the mundane. Union Wine Company is known for product innovation and for challenging assumptions about how wines are made, packaged, sold and consumed. You will play a critical role in executing our brand and sales strategies as well as achieving key goals and initiatives.
Many regional trips are necessary, but currently limited due to the pandemic.
The preferred base location for this position would be in a major FL market, but the candidate must reside in the territory that includes FL, GA, AL, NC, SC and VA.
This position reports to the Vice President of Sales.
Essential duties of the position:
- Establish and manage relationships with distributors and key accounts in the designated regional market.
- Engage in regular and effective communication with distributors to establish and monitor sales and financial targets for the market(s) served.
- Directly engage and manage key regional and national accounts within the geographic region.
- Achieve annual sales and profit targets by brand, by state, by region.
- Manage all financial responsibilities for the region, including: an annual profit and loss budget, including burnout allowance expenses, promotional expenses, incentive budgets, and travel and entertainment budgets.
- Develop sales incentive programs for distributors, negotiate pricing/scheduling, educate and train sales staff.
About you: You are enterprising. You are hungry. You are gritty. You are empathetic and persistent. Depth trumps width. Your network is deep and the priorities are clear. You’ve done this before and are experienced in achieving goals. You have ninja math skills and know your GP from your SRP. You’re ready to think as hard as you run and love the speed of the game.
- A great person who will do a good job and who embodies the values of union culture: collaboration, collegiality and mutual respect
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience managing wine distributors and/or suppliers in selling wine, building brands, and building and maintaining customer relationships
- A solid track record of sales achievement
- Excellent knowledge of wine
- Direct experience in managing pricing, profitability and budget at three levels
- Demonstrated success in the retail channel with chains and independent accounts
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- Excellent planning/organization skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Requires strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point) and effective use of sales management tools (VIP/Diver/Microstrategies).
- Valid driver’s license with blank record
- Ability to lift/carry up to 40 pounds
Apply for this position